Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Cockerel


Medium: Collage
Size: 12" X 16"
So here I am back with my finished version of the rooster collage. I learned a lot of lessons from this painting and one of them was to use a color scheme where the main subject totally stands out from background. Initially I made both the background and the face red...and so I had to play with the values and therefore made the background around the face of the rooster more yellow and lighter for the face of the rooster to stand out. Another lesson that I learned was to work on bigger sizes when the subject is something like rooster.
Then the next challenging thing was to make the grassy foreground stand out from the red walled background...somehow it was not happening and I suddenly got the new idea of making a gray pavement on the side separating the two and I am happy that it worked really well. Sometimes spontaneous ideas really work and even though there is lot of planning that we need to do in the beginning...there should always be room for new and spontaneous ideas...sometimes they may work and sometimes not...but it is important to keep trying.

7 comments:

  1. Your addition of pavement gave collage a 3 dimensional look.I saw the initial one too.Commendable work Shirupa!! and well said "always have a room for spontaneous idea", as they truly test your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DID it! Great! and wonderful use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work!Keep it up...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this this guy! Is this piece avalible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure Cyzie :)....you can call me...Terry has my number and anyways we are meeting...looking forward to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete