Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Duality


Medium: Oil Pastels on Sandboard
Size: 11" X 9"


I am still working on Chatterbox and Nutcraker. So I just thought of writing this new post in between about this painting which I did few months back. This is abstract Radha and Krishna
with four cows.

Have named this painting Duality because Krishna depicts the Masculine form here and Radha depicts the Feminine form. Duality exists everywhere in every form....which is one of the basis of Hindu philosophy. And even when we talk about energy body...we talk about Ida(Feminine Energy) and Pingala(Masculine Energy). Radha and Krishna symbolize that duality which exists in the universe in a beautiful way.

I did add something recently to this painting...Lot of people who saw this painting before and some of them were not familiar with Krishna and Radha were not able to differentiate between the male and female. And Krishna in sanskrit means Dark blue...a particular blue which I have used here conveys completely the identity of Krishna...But it did not seem enough to people not familiar with krishna and therefore I added the nose ring to Radha. It also looks much better to me now...so posting it...

2 comments:

  1. Like all your paintings, I love it! It almost looks textured. Thank you for the explanation of Krishna and Radha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much ! I am glad that you like my work.

    ReplyDelete