Thursday, February 17, 2011

Distressed Triad


Medium:Watercolor (Paper: Cold Press, 140lb.)
Size: 14" X 21"

This was done again sometime back....experimenting the dry brush technique...I used cobalt blue, burnt sienna, Indigo and violet.....this was done very quickly and the background was deliberately kept abstract....keeping the focus on the wooden triad....And I also made sure I do not overdo anything....which I believe is the main key to a successful watercolor.

I also got to do a cat card....watercolor, Derwent watercolor pencils and sharpie marker....and the palette I used was...opera, permanent rose, cadmium yellow, ultramarine blue, cerulean blue and quinacridone gold. Loved the way eyes really pop out...again I left the background abstract....

Medium:Watercolor (Paper: Cold Press, 140lb.)
Size: 6" X 8"


I use Strathmore cold press , 140 lb. paper for most the experiment...Cold Press paper provides rough texture which works very well for techniques like dry brush....I really enjoyed doing these two...very loose !

So 5 more cards to go and looks like I am really slow....Will be posting pics of Nutcracker and Chatterbox soon :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment